Thursday, January 29, 2009

Israeli Lay's, Elite, Walker's Mystery Bag #1

A Smokey Grill.  That's all I really had to go off of when I selected this awesome package from an Israeli petrol station.

A worldwide recognized symbol of delish potato chips is the yellow circle with the red banner, indicating a Frito-Lays or Walker's product.  Due to a lackluster education in Hebrew school, I was reduced to pictures and subliminal color combinations when choosing my snacks.

All this standard bag of goodness provided was a picture of a smokey grill.  My reasoning concluded this would be some sort of liquid smoke treat.  As the whole country is pretty much Kosher, I realized it would be unheard of to add some illustrated baby back ribs on top of that lonely grill.

The chips are quite small and have a Pringles-like consistency in size.  The hue is light orange with some spice specks.  They taste lightly of BBQ, nothing overwhelming, which works well with the MSG bait that keeps me going until the bag is finished in less than 30.   

The downside to this compulsive munching is the burning sensation they produce around my lips. To a passerby they might think I've had a bit of a lip licking problem for awhile as my mouth is quite red and swollen.  

I will remain behind closed doors while I finish these mouth rapers. Hmm...not the most pleasant image to leave on.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good golly!

Also, http://www.avclub.com/articles/cheetos-its-for-jerks,23216/

Perhaps you should take some time to consider your hero, Chester Cheetah