Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Special Delivery

People can be so lovely.
I'm ECSTATIC.  My plea in my last post did not go unnoticed as I thought for some kind, giving, chip loving philanthropist bestowed upon me a box of crisps unknown to me. Zapp's of Louisana.

Since I returned from Israel a few days ago, I've been pretty bummed out, and today was the turnaround.  I woke at 7am and posted one of many photo albums of my trip on Facebook (would have posted more if Facebook were behaving better), did some excercise, went for a run, ate a fufilling meal of sweet potato fries, turkey breast and broccoli, and even showered all in time for work at 3pm.  

Work started on a pleasant note as my friend and co-worker, Jesi, surprised me with a fresh young coconut from Vegan Plate!  When I arrived at my desk I noticed a brown square box sitting on top of it adressed to my name.  Another Box of Louisiana's Own Zapp's Potato Chips read the box.  I open it and it is filled with mouth-watering flavors such as Cajun Dill Gator-Tators and Sweet Potato Lightly Salted and intriguing such as Spicy Creole Tomato Spiked with Tabasco! 


My first thought was who is the wonderful person who sent me these so I dug into the box looking for a card.  I found a white envelope with a note from Zapp's inside with the message,"Happy Holidays. Good luck with the blog".  

As you can see, no signature indicating the giver of a most appreciated gift.  I've racked my brain and I think I know who delivered these delectable crisps my way.  So thank you Matthew Kirsch.  If I am mistaken, I apologize and look forward to discovering the mystery.  It completely made my day and I have a new favorite crisp.

Cajun Dill Gator-Tators

While in Israel, I developed an intense love for the pickles I ate at every meal.  They were dilly, sour and kind of hot.  These chips bring that subtle flavor into a completely well rounded spud.  They are cooked in peanut oil, which in my opinion, makes for a crispy, crunchy, nutty chip.  Slightly sweet and sour, I am reminded of the Israeli pickles I enjoyed so much.

I look forward to tasting, no, devouring the rest of the flavors in the pack that arrived this afternoon.  

Thank you Mr. (or Mrs.)Fellow Chip Lover!


*Note--While in Israel I procured some yummy Israeli crisps and puffs that I fully plan on blogging on for the next many entries, interspersed with my box of Zapp's, of course.

3 comments:

andybot said...

I hope you proceeded carefully with the young coconut -- once I scraped my arm the hell up while opening one of those. However, it was at 4 in the morning after a weeklong tour and I was cutting toward myself, a clear no-no in all circumstances.

Anonymous said...

On several occasions I busted up some coconuts to make you cupcakes. Miss you Becky

Bexors said...

blahandorder, the coconut cupcakes you created on my behalf are my most loved cupcakes ever eaten! i dream about them.

amulkerin, thank you for your concern. the place that delivers the coconuts does the dirty work for me and it arrives open every time (with minor spillage inside the plastic bag it is wrapped in).