Monday, February 9, 2009

The Lonely Life.

Companions for my loneliness the weekend 2.6.09 - 2.8.09: 'Coraline in 3D', 'Gavin and Stacy', and M.I.A. at the Grammy's.
I'd throw in some Big Sugar cookies eaten in there too.  This rainy February weekend in L.A. has been pretty full of delicious food and entertainment.  It helps to have my mind focused on gorging on yums and not thinking about other things.  

'Coraline', the meticulous stop motion picture, geeked me out! The 3D was graceful and complimented the picture rather than detracting from the children's story.  It was also terribly frightening.  If I was cruel, and I did take a child under the age of ten to see this, I probably would have been chasing a wailing crybaby out of the cinema.  

'Gavin and Stacy'! Not having cable bums me out when I end up missing out on gems like this.  The BBC delivered such an adorable, funny show that I am fully obsessed with now.  Saturday night I spent the night in watching the first two episodes that made me turn into jelly.  

Watched the Grammy's at Nick's home on Sunday, partly because pizza was involved.  I honestly couldn't care less about that awards show.  Who does, really?  You are lying.  The only interesting moments of the night were M.I.A.'s 'ready to drop dat babay dance' and the rumor of Chris Brown beating down Rhianna in a rented Lambo.  Craaazy. Also, I was able to share with the group, the latest from my mystery box from Zapp's.

Zapp's Mesquite Bar-b-que. A crunchy tater, however quite lackluster in flavor. I suppose I prefer a tangy, slightly spicy BBQ chip, and this one just didn't cut it for me.  Sometimes it's nice for a chip using the best potatoes to keep it simple and not let the added flavor overtake the crisp, however I thought Zapp's would surely keep up the good work after sampling the INCREDIBLE Cajun Dill flavor.  I wish I had another bag of those.  


No comments: