Tuesday, February 3, 2009

SixBurgh!


Congratulations, SixBurgh!!  Yes, we put a ring on it... 
Super Bowl Sunday was the most spirited I've ever been while watching professional sports.  A thrilling, nail-biter watched with
 fellow Yinzer's on a breathtaking 20 inch flat screen was all I could have hoped for on Sunday, and that's exactly what I got.  Also I had the pleasure of enjoying pierogies and kielbasa washed down with Iron City Beer (thanks to the Cap in Cork in Los Feliz).  
The lively crew that witnessed history on February 1st also had the pleasure of testing the second specimen from my mystery gift of Zapp's Potato Chips, the Lightly Salted Sweet Potato Chip.
I'm a huge fan of sweet potatoes. They are the perfect addition 
to any steak dinner and recently I discovered Trader Joe's Sweet Potato Fries which are the best oven fries I've ever eaten.  While these chips are satisfying in the salty/sweet combo department, the taste of burned potatoes is quite strong.  I hope another bag (possibly from a different batch) will leave me a happier chip lady.  No victory for the taste buds, but a victory for the City of Champions!
Dan Rooney would like to "thank President Obama..." 

No comments: