Sunday, March 1, 2009

La la la la Bamba!


Bamba happens to be one of my favorite Israeli treats. I bought a bag in a gift shop along the Banias, thinking they were Israeli Cheetos (I found actual Israeli Cheetos later at a gas station and bought about 5 different varieties), however, these little puffed out corn meal noshes are covered in a peanut flavored coating.  

A little salty, the tiniest bit of peanut butter sweet, Bamba tastes like peanut butter crackers that come 6-8 in a cellophane pack, which I LOVE.  

Couldn't really buy enough Bamba while I was over there, especially with all the flavors(Chocolate Bamba is a peanut/cocoa delight that resemble Combos's snacks) but luckily I live a stone's throw from an amazing Kosher supermarket, Cambridge Farms.  The past two Shabbats I've made my way to the cluttered and insanely busy store to purchase Krembo (malo mars), Burekas, and Herr's Potato Chips and this time I picked up some Bamba to soothe my hunger pangs.  

The only thing I don't like about Bamba is the Bamba Baby.  Just a frightening image.  He reminds me of the Baby in the "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" short.  *shudder*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Check out the baby on the peanut snack. He's dressed in a martial arts outfit kicking one of the snacks. Whats up with his hair? It resembles a rhino horn. Also, his diaper looks dangerously full.