Thursday, March 19, 2009

Luck o' the Papas Fritas



I've now been in L.A. officially for over a year.
I am using St. Patrick's Day as an anniversary date as it is one of the most memorable days of my first few weeks in L.A.  I was driving over an hour everyday to my job in Santa Monica, I wore Lakers colors (purple and gold) by accident, I had tea and sandwiches with my Aunt Sybil(not really my Aunt), and I went downtown to a shitty Irish barf-fest with my male roommates where beer was green and it cost 8 dollars.

This year I played things my way. Now I drive one mile to work.  I wore a delightful combination of mint and forest green to work.  I ate a DELICIOUS Philly cheese steak at Cafe Al Dente. I hung at my favorite place, Bar One, with some lovely Jewish American Hos, Tiffany and Lauren. Oh and Beau too.

The highlight of the evening was the walk home from the bar (what a luxury) and a stop at one of the four in a 1 mile radius 7-Elevens by my house where Beau bought me Sabritas Habanero Limon Papas Fritas. Oh dear St. Patrick.  What a treat of potatoey goodness.  

These babies brought the heat with a twinkle of lime.  I need a glass of H2O near by to fully enjoy them as I am a wuss when it comes to spice.  Overall they are a surprisingly flavorful chip that I fully intend on adding to my 7 Eleven jaunts every now and then.  

All in all I had a pretty spectacular St. Patrick's Day, followed by a beautiful, warm day at Pointe Dume in Malibu.  I'm happy to be L.A. 

No comments: