Sunday, August 24, 2008

Crisp n' Tasty

Yumz. Sunday morning was my breakfast of champions. The all too neglected regular flavor of Herr's, Crisp n' Tasty.  In lieu of my fancy high fiber cereal and a piece of fruit, I enjoyed a light(in texture only) snack on the sinful 1.9 mile drive to work yesterday morn.  Yes I will ride my bike tomorrow.  I impressed myself by riding around Silverlake the other night with only some wheezing up the big hills and therefore I vow to ride to work this week with sheer ease. Enough of my lazy waking up ritual 20 minutes before work!  

I feel quite guilty for eating the chips on sunday and writing about them today. Especially with the gluttonous and gratuitous weekend I just had thanks to street fair food and skinny dipping. Fuck! I just remembered I forgot to partake in a fancy funnel cake at Sunset Junction. I tried to make them at home once...a slight meltdown occurred following. Next year I suppose.

 I will just have to eat another bag right now to refresh my memers. Ah memers...

Salty, not too salty...a little greasy but just the right amount that makes you want to rip open the bag and lick the foil, searching for any tiny crumb too small for human fingers.  Oh dear it just happened.  It's the kind of thing you can't control...I'm a monster!! Crisp n' Tasty you're TOO tasty! 

Time for some boone (y'know the Vietnamese treat that puts good stuff in a bowl of cold noodles, not the character played by  Ian Somerhalder on 'Lost')  I'm positive it is not spelled that way so no corrections please! Waiting for boone all day can get really hard, especially when a case of instant gratification (in the lowest and tastiest form) sits nestled in a cupboard seemingly built for the sole purpose of housing my prized snack perishables.

I'll dream of you tonight, Crisp n' Tasty when we can meet again. You're lucky if I don't ravage your shiny teal package again this week, no, this hour. No cupboard can keep me out, even if you lock the door.  



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm going to sign you up for Intervention.