Friday, August 22, 2008

I made Herr's mine.


They arrived on time! UPS are my collective heroes.  My case of Herr's arrived on Wednesday to my sleepy joy.  After a night of partying (WHOOOOOOOOO! ugh...) I was already slightly wired from my two venti Soy Lattes (after not drinking coffee for at least a month and giving up refined sugars) when my package arrived at my place of work. An exhausting 14 hour day later, I managed to forget my precious cargo when I dragged my haggard body home.  

So Thursday was the inaugural day.  Now I promised myself I would only eat the chips on days I would review them so it keeps me from binging, however I had some karaoke to take care of last night and so the writing had to wait until today, my day off in which I should be lounging at the beach, not still in bed with my injured Sophie-Lucie wasting life on the inter web.  

Roommate Jason (oddly I know many Jasons and therefore clarification is necessary) and I cracked into the case and enjoyed the freshest Salt and Vin offered.  I find it helpful to share with a friend as #1 It's good to share, and #2 It's a second (less educated) opinion that can sometimes shed some limited light on a flavor dispute.

The Salt and Vinegar proved to be a bit of a flavor blast, not unlike a wasabi blast.  It seems the fresher the bag, the stronger the flavor, and Herr's got it covered.  My favorite east coast Salt and Vinegar crisps were too pungent in saltiness and vinegary, but still had excellent potato crispiness. Normally I purchase the large bags from Rite Aid with a Turner's Lemon Flavored Iced T to wash them down and the flavor is always impec!  I guess the small bags are more concentrated as Roommate Jason pointed out for longer shelf life for the vending machines in which they are intended.  I have 40 more bags to go in my Herr's adventure...I might just have to let them settle since they are straight from the packaging plant and therefore too fresh for even the heavens.

No comments: